Terms and Conditions
Last Updated : JULY 2021
Terms and Conditions: The Terms and conditions used by Iyengar Yoga Luxembourg - Floriane Palmier, subsequently «IYL - Floriane Palmier», which have been published on the Iyengar Yoga Luxembourg website, www.iyengaryoga.lu. The official name is Iyengar Yoga Luxembourg Floriane Palmier, it is set at the address 77 rue de la Forêt, 1534 Luxembourg. All Classes and Workshops take place at Studio 5 - 5-9 Rue du Nord, 2229 Luxembourg.
Class: means a group Class organized or to be organized by «IYL - Floriane Palmier»
Private Class: means a private yoga Class at «IYL - Floriane Palmier», for which the Student must make an appointment in advance.
Workshop: means a yoga Workshop given or to be given by «IYL - Floriane Palmier».
Student: means a person who attends and/or wishes to attend private, group yoga Classes, or Workshops, at «IYL - Floriane Palmier».
Teacher: means a yoga teacher who has been appointed by «IYL - Floriane Palmier» to teach yoga Classes at «IYL - Floriane Palmier»
Price: means the full price of a drop-in Class, Private Class Class card or Workshop organized by «IYL - Floriane Palmier».
Mindbody: means the Mindbody booking website or app
Website: means the website of «IYL - Floriane Palmier»: iyengaryoga.lu.
2. Scope of Application
The Terms and Conditions apply to any drop-in single Classes, Private Class or Class package as well as to all Workshops. By participating in a yoga Class of «IYL - Floriane Palmier», the Student agrees to the applicability of these Terms and Conditions. «IYL - Floriane Palmier» may from time to time amend these Terms and Conditions. The most recent version of the Terms and Conditions is always the version that is applicable and is always available on the Website.
3. Class Packages and Drop-ins
« IYL - Floriane Palmier» offers the following possibilities of attending yoga Classes at «IYL - Floriane Palmier»:
The «IYL - Floriane Palmier» Drop-in entitles the Student to one (1) seventy-five (75) minute or ninety (90) minute yoga Class. The «IYL - Floriane Palmier» Drop-in is valid solely for the Class that is booked.
3.2. Class packages
Class packages are personal and not transferrable to another Student.
3.2.1. Intro Card
The Intro Card entitles the Student to four (4) Classes. The Intro Card can be purchased only once. The Intro Card is valid for one month, starting from the first Class booked with Intro Card.
3.2.2. 10 Class Card
The 10 Class Card entitles the Student to ten (10) yoga Classes (including 75 and 90 minutes Classes). The 10 Class Card is valid for three (3) months after the first Class booked with the 10 Class Card. The 10 Classes must therefore be attended within three months from the first Class booked with the 10 Class Card. After that period, this entitlement lapses.
3.2.3. 20 Class Card
The 20 Class Card entitles the Student to twenty (20) yoga Classes (including 75 and 90 minutes Classes). The 20 Class Card is valid for six (6) months after the first Class booked with the 20 Class Card. The 20 Classes must therefore be attended within six months after the first Class booked with the 20 Class Card. After that period, this entitlement lapses.
«IYL - Floriane Palmier» reserves the right to add other packages and drop-in options.
4. Payment and Price Changes
All yoga Classes organized by «IYL - Floriane Palmier» must be paid for before they are held. Payments can be made through the Mindbody booking website, by Payconiq, bank transfer or at the studio. «IYL - Floriane Palmier» reserves the right to change the prices at any time. Any changes are announced through the website. The currently applicable rates are always mentioned on the Website and are available for inspection at the reception of «IYL - Floriane Palmier». Before the Class the Student must report to the teacher of «IYL - Floriane Palmier» to verify the registration and payment.
5. Reservations and cancellation rules of Yoga Classes / Workshops
5.1. «IYL - Floriane Palmier» uses Mindbody as a booking platform. All students shall register by creating an account on this platform to book a Class. «IYL - Floriane Palmier» has the right to change booking platforms at any time and, in such an event, shall make any such announcement in advance through the website.
5.2. «IYL - Floriane Palmier» Online Booking Rules are as follows:
- Classes or Workshops shall be booked online and the full price paid when booked.
- The Student understands that Classes or Workshops can be organized by level and that therefore booking may restricted.
- Classes or Workshops can be booked up to 2 months in advance and at least 10 minutes before the Class or Workshop starts.
- When Classes or Workshops have reached their online booking capacity the Student can add himself or herself to the waitlist; If the Student is registered on the waitlist he or she will automatically be allocated a space in the Class once a spot becomes available and Mindbody will notify the Student if the Student on the waitlist is added to the Class more than 24 hours before the Class starts.
- Cancellation rules apply.
5.3. «IYL - Floriane Palmier» Cancellation Rules for Classes and Private Classes are as follows:
5.3.1. Early Cancelation applies if the Student cancels more than 24 hours before the start of Class: in which case the Student is not charged for this Class. This allows waitlist students to be contacted and join the Class. The credit of this Class can be used to book another Class in the future (within one year if the student bought a drop-in Class or within the validity of the Class Card used for booking).
5.3.2. Late cancelation applies if the Student cancels within 24 hours of the Class start time or does not show up for the Class: in which case the Student is charged for this Class. However, this does not apply to the cancellation due to a positive COVID-19 test or illness proved by medical certificate sent by email within 3 days of the Class to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.4. «IYL - Floriane Palmier» Cancellation Rules for Workshops are as follows:
5.4.1. Early Cancelation applies if the Student cancels more than 24 hours before the start of Workshop as follows:
126.96.36.199. If the Student cancels more than 2 weeks before the start of Workshop: in which case the Student is not charged for this Workshop. This allows waitlist Students to be contacted and join the Workshop. The Student who cancelled is refunded the Price paid for the Workshop.
188.8.131.52. If the Student cancels less than 2 weeks before the start of Workshop: in which case the Student is not charged for this Workshop but an administrative fee of 10€ is due to “IYL – Floriane Palmier”.
5.4.3. Late cancelation applies if the Student cancels within 24 hours of the Workshop start time or does not show up to the Workshop: in which case the Student is charged for this Workshop. However, this does not apply to the cancellation due to a positive COVID-19 test or illness proved by medical certificate sent by email within 3 days of the Workshop to email@example.com, in which case the Student is refunded the cost of this Workshop but an administrative fee of 10€ is due to “IYL - Floriane Palmier”.
5.4.4. If “IYL – Floriane Palmier” cancels a Workshop, the Student is refunded the Price paid for the Workshop.
6. Prolonging validity of Class Package in Case of Illness or Injury
In the event of prolonged illness or an injury, the Student may prolong the expiration date of his or her Class package. A request for a prolonged expiration date should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, but not later than 7 days after the date of illness mentioned in the medical certificate. It must be accompanied by the medical certificate. After that time the expiration date of the Class Package cannot be prolonged.
Although we strive to only provide correct information on our Website, we are not liable for any inaccuracy and no rights can be derived therefrom.
Yoga is a safe and effective form of exercise nevertheless as any physical exercise it can be strenuous and involve risks. It is the responsibility of the Student to discuss any health concerns with a health care professional before attempting a yoga Class or Workshop.
«IYL - Floriane Palmier» only works with qualified yoga teachers and will always offer yoga Classes of the highest quality, nonetheless, there is always a risk of injury involved when taking a yoga Class or Workshop. By participating in a yoga Class or Workshop at «IYL - Floriane Palmier», the Student accepts this risk of an injury.
«IYL - Floriane Palmier» accepts no liability whatsoever for physical injury, loss or damage relating to Students attending yoga Classes, Workshops and leaving belongings at «IYL - Floriane Palmier».
«IYL - Floriane Palmier» provides the following guidelines for reducing the risk of an injury:
- The student should consult with a physician when not sure about being completely healthy, or having a condition, before starting to take yoga Classes.
- If the Student has an injury, or other physical issue, he or she should inform the yoga teacher thereof before he or she starts a yoga Class or Workshop.
- The Student must agree to honor his or her body by adjusting the practice according to his or her own capabilities and needs to ensure that no personal injury occurs.
- The Student must be aware of his or her physical limitations and does not do any exercises that are painful.
- The Student should listen to and follow the instructions of the yoga teacher, ask questions and wait for the help of the teacher when the Student does not understand an exercise or instructions.
The current schedule can be found on the Website.
«IYL - Floriane Palmier» reserves the right to:
- Change the schedule at any time. If possible, any changes are announced in advance.
- Cancel a yoga Class that has been scheduled. In this case the credit can be used to book another Class in the future (within one year for a drop-in Class or within the validity of a Class Package).
- Change the yoga teacher mentioned in the schedule in the event of force majeure, including illness or absence of the teacher.
9. Code of Conduct
The Student should:
- Take shoes off at the door and put them in the special drawers on the entrance wall.
- Wear clothes which are comfortable and easy to move in.
- Bring his or her own yoga mat. The rest of the props are provided by the studio.
- Try not to eat for at least 2 hours before the Class. It is ideal to practice yoga on an empty stomach.
- Not drink during Class or immediately prior to Class because it can cause stomach discomfort. It is preferable to come hydrated and drink afterwards.
- Not practice yoga within 48 hours after an osteopath session or any spinal manipulation.
- Let the teacher know of any injuries or health conditions (high blood pressure, anesthesia, emotional shock, migraine etc.) that might affect the Student’s practice.
- For women, let the teacher know before the Class of pregnancy or menstruation or gynecological issues, as some asanas should be avoided or adapted.
- Completely turn off any cell phone and other gadgets, not merely putting them on vibration mode. If the Student forgets and his or her phone rings, he or she should quietly turn it off without taking the call.
- Avoid wearing perfume. If the Student is a smoker, do not smoke just before or outside the Class room.
- Keep the space used neat.
- Let the teacher know before the Class if the Student wants to leave the Class earlier and leave before the final relaxation starts.
- Respect the physical and mental integrity of other Students.
Sexual behaviour or sexually suggestive behaviour is not tolerated by «IYL - Floriane Palmier».
«IYL - Floriane Palmier» reserves the right to any Student who does not observe the Code of Conduct referred to in Clause 9 access to the «IYL - Floriane Palmier» premises and to terminate any packages of the relevant Student without a refund of any fees paid already.